This is my first time to participate in this type of challenge. I've seen them on blogs and looked at how everyone's interpretation and thought, "how fun and challenging that will be". So I decided to join in on all the fun.
The original photo is by Kathryn at Our tiny BIG Life blog during a trip to Chicago.
The challenge is to take this cool pic and give it your own style. You can use any editing program you like. Crop, color, texture, quotes, effects, actions... anything you can come up with is fair game! And to share a little bit about your process, so everyone can learn from each other.
Here is my "edit me":
I actually used three different editing programs (mainly because I don't know all the ends and outs of just one).
• I started off in GIMP: I cropped the photo and slightly adjusted the bright/contrast.
• I opened up the curves and added a really cool "cross processing" effect...saved it.
• I opened the photo in Corel Paint Shop Pro and added Shadow House Creations texture "Painterly" using blending mode Hard Light at 83%.
• In PSP, I added the quote.
• Then last but not least, I opened the photo up in Picnik.com and added a vignette around the photo.
If you're interested in this weekly challenge, click on the button below to learn more about and to hook up. Also while you're there check out the other fabulous editing techniques.