Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Do eDition

How time flies...it's already Texture Tuesday with Kim Klassen.  I was so unprepared for this weeks challenge.  Our challenge is "Do" and/or using Kim's fabulous free (yes, I said free) texture "Autumn Burst".  I had to look in my archives for a photo to use.

Several years ago, we went to San Diego's Wild Animal Park on vacation.  I had just gotten my Nikon DSLR camera a few months before our vacation.  So needless to say, I was still learning the ins and outs of it.  As we were approaching to turn in to the parking lot (sitting in traffic) I leaned out of the car and snapped this photo.  It's a hot air balloon that's in the park, that you can ride up in to see the whole area.  Unfortunately, during our time there it got really windy and that ride was shut down.  Anyway here's my entry for this weeks challenge.

Run mouse over image to see the before photo

This image spoke to me (for this challenge) "Do reach for the sky".  I also loved this quote and thought it was fitting for the image and for our challenge.

I used Kim Klassen's Autumn Burst blending mode Hardlight at 83%.


10 comments:

hannah said...

Hello Kathy,
Isn't it a smashing texture to play with.
Like the balloon. High winds are really scary up there in a flimsy basket. Just as well they closed the rides.

Teresa O said...

Dreamy and so filled with imagination. Wonderful use of texture.

johanna said...

this is totally fantastic! love the words and the editing!

SherrieSt.Hilaire said...

Hi Kathy...thank you for visiting my blog and for your comment. I thank you for your time and let me compliment you as well on your sweet creation. I LOVE the combination of the shot...very cool...the way you used Kim's textures and the quote you paired with it. I love creations that inspire! And this did! ( " Nice work.

Becs said...

Absolutely beautiful, I love how you've used the texture. I always struggle a bit with this sort of editing but you've inspired me! Thank you.:)

Nikki said...

just perfect! i love it!

ShonEjai said...

Beautiful photo! Beautiful words!

Marilyn said...

Very nice, Kathy. Great image! I love what you did with the texture.

Pat Mark said...

It all works so perfectly together from the image, texture and the quote. A very nice work of art. Thanks for checking out my blog. Love Texture Tuesday as it has opened a whole new world for me.

georgia b. said...

wonderful!

came via texture tuesday. love your take!