Tuesday, August 16, 2011

It's that time again...

for Kim Klassen's Texture Tuesday
The Movie Lovin eDition!

For this weeks theme, I actually had a different movie in mind, but I couldn't find the picture to use with it in my archives. It was "To Kill a Mockingbird", which is one of my all time favorites.  So, I went with another favorite of mine and when you see the picture...well I don't think I'll have to put the title, but I will.

Mouse over to see before pic

Can you guess?  Well if your answer is "A Nightmare Before Christmas" you're exactly right!  I watch this show probably every year at Halloween, it just cracks me up....love me some Tim Burton.

I used Kim Klassen's Canvas Back, blending mode Multiply at about 87% and Ruby Blossom's Flying Bat frame blending mode Overlay.

If you're interested in seeing more talented photographers work or in Texture Tuesday, click on the little box below.

kimklassencafe

I can't wait to see what everyone came up with...this is going to be so inspiring and fun!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

my girls are HUGE Tim Burton fans and are just as routine about Nightmare Before Christmas in October! great pic ;)

Kathryn Dyche said...

I love Tim Burton movies, Nightmare Before Christmas is one of my favorites too.

CATHY said...

what a fun interpretation! and so interesting to look at the before and after. Yes, a good movie! cheers

Dymphie said...

how fun, love the textures you added

Cedar said...

It is fun to see everyone's different movie choices! Great photo to go with the movie!

Pat Mark said...

I have this movie and when my grandsons were younger they watched it all the time. I am sure they know it by heart, can't say that I ever sat and watched it.

Teresa said...

So different . . what a great shot and use of texture. Thank you so much for visiting my blog, Teresa x

Seraphinas Phantasie said...

What a lovely picture and image for this movie... Great work !

Anonymous said...

it's a delightful movie indeed. love what you did with the texture :) well done!

Joy Burkhart said...

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your kind comments on my bridge photo! Love yours - great textures.
Stop by anytime!
XoXoXo
Joy

johanna said...

too coooool!! i love tim burton´s nbc and your layering is great!

Sylvia said...

Hi Kathy,
Love watching scary movies at Halloween :-)
Your picture turned out beautiful with this texture and frame !
Thanks for your nice comment,
Sylvia

The Artful Diva said...

"To Kill a Mockingbird" is my all time favorite book. I have seen the movie too. OTH, I've never seen Nightmare before Christmas - have to check that out. Your textured photo made me laugh out loud!

ceevee said...

Good one. At first I thought of the book The Snowman which I just finished reading...a mystery. Don't think its a movie...yet.