Tuesday, June 21, 2011

It's another.....

Texture Tuesday

Our assignment this week is to take a photo with people or person and use one of Kim Klassen's texture.  

This photo was taken on Father's Day of my son with his father, our dog Leggs and a dear friend of the family.  We had our friends over and barbequed.  The day started out a little bit windy, but ended up beautifully.


I first duplicated my photo, added Gaussen Blur at 7% radius and erased the blur from the subjects.  I merged my two photos added Kim Klassen's Portrait texture at 100% Burn merged down again and added the same texture again using blend mode Soft Light at 100% and slightly went around the subjects with the eraser tool.

Here is the original.

If your interested in Kim Klassen's Texture Tuesday click here.


Happy Editing!


6 comments:

Charlotte Wilson said...

You really added a personal touch to this assignment and came away with a wonderful memory! I love it! Thanks for sharing your father's day portrait.

Cedar said...

Love how bright the colors end up being in the edit! Great texture!

Indigo Beach Art said...

Excellent texture work ~ the colours are wonderful!

Vickie ~ WhimseyDimples said...

Looks like the guys had a nice relaxing Fathers Day! :)
Your texture work really added depth to the photo.

Deanna said...

What a fun photo, the texture add great color and depth.

Deanna said...

Hi Kathy, you won the giveaway over at my blog but I can't find your email address on blogger. Can you email me your address at djinjoe@hotmail.com so I can send you your book! Thanks so much and thanks for the loveley comments you made.