Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Red is the Word for...

...this weeks Texture Tuesday with Kim Klassen.   We have to have "red" in our photo and use at least one of Kim's wonderful textures.

This picture was taken during my visit to the "Niner" Winery in California over the summer.  This is a really gorgeous winery and if you're ever in that part of California, I highly recommend you stop in for a little wine tasting.  I present to you my glass with "red" wine in it...well a wee bit of red wine left in it.

  Roll mouse over to see original

The process I did was duplicated the photo.  Cropped just a little bit to cut someone standing off to the side out.  I then layered it with Kim's February Magic, blending mode Overlay at 65% and Pourvous Overlay at 100%.

Be sure to check out all the other fabulous photos for this weeks challenge and even the past, just click here.

11 comments:

johanna said...

these textures work great on this photo!

Puna said...

I definitely like it! It has an old world view. And I love the wine glass in the foreground.

Yue said...

fantastic picture and texture. thanks for the visit

Nancy said...

Why, this is lovely. I like how the glass is out of focus -- nicely composed, Kathy. :)

Prairie Jill said...

Great shot! (Hope you finished the wine after taking the picture!)

Cedar said...

Really quite dramatic...in a great way! I love the tones and texture in your edit!

Sivinden said...

Great texture work!

sandy said...

Oh wow this looks like a great place to visit! I would like a glass of really good red wine, well at least after 5 or six LOL
Great use of textures!!
thank you for your sweet comment on my blog (French Laundry) too!

Tricia said...

Looks wonderful! I always love when people use the mouseover effect so I can see the before and after :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful!

elizabeth said...

cool texture work!