Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Another Free and Easy eDition

Yep...it's that time again...Texture Tuesday with Kim Klassen.  I know, I can't believe it either.  Today's entry was taken back in May during a quick trip up to Mount Charleston (which is a nice cool and quick getaway).  We were having lunch out on the deck, when I kept hearing this sweet little sound that I hadn't quite heard before.  To my surprise it was lots of hummingbirds flying by.  I grabbed my camera and tried catching a few.  Those little buggers are hard to photograph.  Well I was able to photograph one while it was at the feeder.  I know it's not the best photograph hummingbird, but I tried.


I first used Kim Klassen's Scripted Edges texture blending mode Difference at 100%.  Then I added    Shadow House Creations texture Aged Photo Effect Mask blending mode Hard light at 100%.  Erased a little bit of texture from the hummingbird.  Pretty easy.

Be sure to click on Kim's link up above to see more fabulous texture work and if you're interested in Texture Tuesday.  Also if you love textures sign up with Kim to start receiving free textures every week.  Jerry at Shadow House Creations also offers free textures.

Thanks for stopping by.

8 comments:

Matteo Taffuri said...

Wonderful,ottimo lavoro
ciao
Matteo

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

A beautiful edit - love the ragged edge border too.

Anonymous said...

Great photo. Nice texture work. Love how the background split the picture in two. Edges are lovely, too.

Marilyn said...

Great edits..Wonderful photos..I had to stop in and say hello via Texture Tuesday.Lovely blog you have here..I'm happily following via http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com/2011/09/fall-crawl-day-2-testure-tuesday.html ...Hope you can stop in sometime :)) Ty

Nancy said...

Interesting combination of textures, Kathy. I like this photo alot.

PS -- love your new blog format. Very pretty! :)

sandy said...

This is really lovely. I love the edge effect too.

Ricardo Miñana said...

Muy bonita la fotofrafía,
gracias por compartir.

Evelyn ~ Indigo Beach Art said...

A lovely image ~ wonderful textures and framing!