Tuesday, August 9, 2011

It's the little things....eDition Kim Klassen's Texture Tuesdays

So many different ideas had really gone through my head for this weeks challenge.  I had missed last weeks challenge for I was on vacation.  It was fabulous getting out of this heat in to much cooler weather.  Anyway, a lot of my picture taking ideas had to be put on the shelf because we had two craft shows to get ready for and I was a bit busy when I got back home.

So this is the photo I chose for this weeks challenge....

So my thinking for using this shot was...when taking photos of flowers, sometimes we forget to shoot the sweet little bulbs...before they bloom.

I used Kim Klassen's "Scripted Edges" on Screen mode 100% and added it again at 86%.

If your interested in Kim Klassen's Texture Tuesday click on the box below...and be sure to check out all the other fabulous photos as well.

kimklassencafe

13 comments:

Julie Legg Photo said...

Wonderful thought and nice shot. I was drawn to the beautiful, rich pinks. Lovely.

Susan said...

Oh how true!

What a great shot.

Hope your day is blessed!

elizabeth said...

I love your photo this week, and just saw last weeks and especially love that photo. Thanks so much for your kind comment on my photo.

Nancy @ A Rural Journal said...

Very pretty, Kathy. Great capture and processing. :)

Mary said...

lovely message. and a beautiful shot!

Kia and Zeno said...

Awwww, how lovely! :) Well done!

Sylvia said...

Lovely idea, Kathy, it turned out wonderful with this texture !
Lovely wishes,
Sylvia

Cathy Spivey Mendola said...

Love this flower bud! Great editing.

Evelyn said...

A beautiful close up shot and wonderful delicate texture work!

Linda Makiej said...

love your texture work here!
Have a great weekend!

Rebecca said...

Hi Kathy - Thanks for the comment on my blog. I love your flowers. Did you also remove some of the texture from the flowers? I am trying to figure out how to do that in a subtle way...yours is perfect. Rebecca

sabrina sane said...

The texture is perfect and the coloring is beautiful. I love to shoot the little buds, too!

Donna said...

Love the Color!!